The Museum is seeking an experienced, energetic and highly motivated Part Time Porter who is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing offices, meeting rooms, restrooms, break room and all public areas of the Museum. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, flexible and must be available to work weekends and holidays. This position will be reporting to the Lead Porter.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping of flooring and stairs.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms.
- Clean sinks, countertops, microwaves, and refrigerators in break room
- Restock supplies in bathrooms, break rooms and common areas.
- Empty all trash cans and replace liners, clean receptacles as necessary.
- Dusting and cleaning office desks and furniture that are not cluttered.
- Cleaning windowsills and windows.
- Maintain janitor closets in a clean, organized and safe manner.
- Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition.
- Proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals.
- Wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment at all times.
- Maintain vending closets in a clean, organized and safe manner.
- Restock vending machine.
- Restock vending supplies in appropriate storage area.
- Purchase cleaning and vending supplies as necessary.
- General maintenance of grounds.
- Deliver mail/packages to administrative offices.
- Other routine maintenance duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong attention to detail.
- Customer oriented and friendly.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal & written instructions independently.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, mornings, and nights.
- Ability to perform light physical tasks, exerting up to 60 lbs of force on a frequent basis and up to 60 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Ability to perform such activities as grasping, lifting, reaching.
- High school degree.
Applying for this position
This position is a part time position.
The Museum of the American Revolution (www.AmRevMuseum.org) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please send a cover letter including resume and three professional references to email@example.com.
**Please note – in order for you to be considered for this position we will need a cover letter, resume and three professional references. Unfortunately, applicants that do not include these items will not be considered for the position. The Museum will contact you if an interview is considered appropriate.