This role will support a variety of duties that contribute to the overall success of the Museum’s fundraising programs; in particular, the corporate partnerships program. The program engages local, national, and international companies in providing financial support to the Museum through corporate memberships and sponsorships, as well as in-kind and tax credit-based contributions. This fall will be an exciting time for the corporate partnerships program, with key initiatives including:
- securing sponsors for the 2020-21 special exhibit celebrating the 100th; anniversary of the 19th amendment providing for universal women’s suffrage;
- renewing and upselling annual corporate members on a January 1 renewal cycle;
- cultivating corporate support from defense contractors through a special event with the Museum’s board chair; and
- hosting corporate sponsors and other companies at the 2019-20 special exhibit, Cost of Revolution: The Life and Death of an Irish Soldier, and related events.
- Research and compile information on corporate giving prospects.
- Help manage database information pertaining to corporate prospects and partners.
- Assist with developing corporate partnership proposals, acknowledging corporate gifts, and fulfilling and tracking partner benefits.
- Help coordinate and staff corporate partnerships and other development events.
- Assist with general mailing projects, filing, and other administrative tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interest in and some familiarity with fundraising/development, sales, marketing, external affairs, and/or corporate social responsibility.
- Willingness and ability to interface with corporate partners and prospects via phone, email, and in person.
- Ability to work within databases to manage accurate and detailed constituent records.
- Skill in writing in a professional context.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Applicants must be a junior or senior level undergraduate, or a graduate student.
- GPA: 3.0 and above.
- Applicants may submit samples of any writing materials they have developed.
How to Apply:
- Complete the Fall 2019 Internship Application
- Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications with all required documents submitted by the deadline will be considered.
Additional documents, such as writing samples, may be requested during the interviewing process for select programs.
The application deadline for the Fall 2019 internship program is Friday, August 16, 2019 at 11:59 PM.