The Museum is seeking an experienced, energetic and highly motivated Part-time Security Guard. This position will provide routine security of all museum visitors, employees and museum property. Coordinate with other staff members. Monitor CCTV cameras and alarm systems inside security room. Interact with the business guests including badging, assist in connecting guest with staff person. Respond to emergency situations. The Security Guard reports directly to the Chief of Security.
- Provide security of all museum guest, assets and other employees.
- Coordinate with other team members to provide a safe and secure environment.
- Monitor CCTV cameras and security systems.
- Interact with guest/employees in a courteous manner.
- Patrol interior and exterior.
- Answer questions and assist guests.
- Answer phones or greet guest/employees in a welcoming manner.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be available to working early morning or evenings as needed.
- Weekends a must.
- Certified in First aid and CPR.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ security or police experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Neat and Professional appearance.
- Must have the ability to maintain a positive working relationship with leadership and staff to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Applying for this position:
In order for you to be considered for this position we will need a cover letter, resume and three professional reference contacts. Please send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, applicants that do not include these items will not be considered for the position. The Museum will contact you directly if an interview is considered appropriate.